Proven Success in Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
What to Do if You’re in a Car Accident:
- Be Safe – if you car is drivable, consider getting out of the flow of traffic and off the road and out of traffic.
- Call 911 – for injuries to yourself or others. Further, the police will document the accident.
- Get witness information (any contact information), witnesses not involved but who may prove critical later in your case often leave the scene first.
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved. You may be upset and think the other driver(s) are at fault. Now is not the time to accuse, now is the time to exchange drivers’ license information, registration and insurance information. Do not admit fault, apologize or make accusations.
- Take photos – of the scene, traffic control devices, signage, visible obstructions, damage to cars and injuries to your body. Often, red abrasions and bruises can subside quickly, take pictures of any part of your body that was injured.
- Medical treatment – even if you think you are “ok”, it is always best to get seen by a healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- Do not speak to insurance companies. Do not speak to them unless and until you have been prepared and authorized to do so by your attorney.
- Hire an attorney as soon as possible to address all of your questions.
Insurance companies begin their investigation of a claim immediately. Insurance companies will try to limit their financial liability and to save money. Insurance companies will try to close your claim quickly without giving you the outcome you might be entitled to under Florida law. Hiring John C. Murrow after your accident will allow him to pursue the justice you deserve.
After the car accident, your body hurts, you can’t work, you have numerous questions but don’t know what to do. Consulting attorney John C. Murrow can answer those questions.
Things you say can affect the outcome of your claim, it is important to understand your rights. The best thing to do after the accident is to talk to no one but your lawyer. Use caution discussing the accident to anyone who isn’t your lawyer. Mr. Murrow is here to protect you and act on your behalf. Typically, he can reach agreements outside of the courtroom – but he is fully prepared to take the case to trial, if that’s what it takes to get you fair compensation.
Mr. Murrow has been practicing personal injury law since 2002 and has the resources to investigate, evaluate, and handle your case. He has lived and practiced law in Tampa, Florida since 2005 and understands Florida law and your rights. Contact our office today online, or call us at (813) 999-4950 to schedule a free consultation. The consultation is always free. There is no fee unless Mr. Murrow recovers for you. Contactless consultations are available.
1. Factual Investigation and Documentation
We will gather all factual information and documents related to your case. This includes accident and incident reports, medical records, medical bills, insurance policy information and any other relevant evidence. Witnesses are promptly located and interviewed. This factual investigation occurs after you hire John C Murrow as your personal injury attorney. There are no out of pocket fees and costs paid by the client until your financial recovery is made.
2. Research and Treatment
John C. Murrow will handle all research required for the case and assist with your treatment.
3. Claims Process, Negotiation and Litigation
Often personal injury claims can be resolved without the formal filing of a lawsuit. In the event an actual lawsuit will be filed for your claim, you will be notified of when and why that should occur, discuss the pros and cons of a formal lawsuit and you will be kept informed of the entire process. Whether a claim is brought or a lawsuit filed, John C Murrow will strive to maximize the value of your case and provide to you the proper legal advice to decide to resolve your claim or case. Remember, it is always the client’s case and the client’s decision to accept the offer. If a case requires a trial, you and John C Murrow will work together and present your case to a jury.